CITFCertificate in International Trade and Finance
CITF will provide you with a detailed understanding of the core areas that underpin international trade, enhance your skillset and build your confidence.
About the qualification
CITF is aimed at all professionals who are looking to develop their knowledge of trade finance.
This certification will give you a detailed understanding of the products, documents, trade terms, roles and responsibilities that underpin trade finance and will also teach you how to apply this knowledge to real situations.
Ideal for all trade professionals and relationship managers, CITF will give you a comprehensive overview of all aspects of trade finance. It will help you demonstrate your expertise and increase your career potential.
LIBF has collaborated with industry experts to create CITF, which is a Level 3 qualification registered with Ofqual in the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Your studies will cover
- The international trade environment
- Documents used in international trade and the Incoterms 2020
- Trade-based financial crime compliance
- Documentary collections
- Guarantees and standby letters of credit
- Other forms of finance
- Foreign exchange risk management
- Parties involved in international trade and finance and their roles
- Methods of settlement
- Documentary credits
- Principles of supply chain finance
- Export credit insurance
- Digital disruption and innovation
Benefits for you
- Use the CITF designation after your name when you have completed the qualification
- Earn continued professional development (CPD) learning hours or personal development units (PDUs) towards a Certificate for Documentary Credit Specialists (CDCS), Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees (CSDG) and Certificate in Supply Chain Finance (CSCF) recertification
- Take your exams at one of the selected Pearson VUE test centres and at a time that suits you
- Get your exam results the same day
- Receive a paper certificate when you qualify
|Modules||One Level 3 unit|
|Time to complete||This qualification is typically completed in six months|
|Validity||The qualification is recognised internationally|
|Study type||Self-study, distance learning|
|Study material||Study texts are provided online
Study texts are included in your registration fee and you will have access to online study texts immediately after payment, which includes a unit syllabus, a specimen paper and a student-led forum. Study texts contain review questions and activities to support your learning.
Two-hour exam with a combination of:
Once you register you will have 12 months to complete and sit the exam. Your first exam is included in the registration fee. If you need to retake an exam a resit fee will be payable.
|Assessment provider||You can book your exam at test centres nationwide or through remote invigilation.
Find out how to book your exam
|Certificate||Your certificate will be posted to you once you have successfully completed the unit.|
|New Registration Fee||£595|
|Discount for Indian Candidates||£59|
|Net Registration Fee||£536|
|Exam Resit Fee||£350|
For more details, please visit: